Apricot Glazed Carrots
This simple side dish is easily made in the microwave, freeing up your stove and oven to make the rest of your meal (something that really comes in handy around the holidays). Using baby carrots instead of the traditional discs saves a ton of time you would ordinarily spend peeling and cutting whole carrots. - Tara
- 1 large (32-oz.) bag baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place 1/4 cup of water into a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Add carrots, butter, and light brown sugar to baking dish. Stir and cover with plastic wrap. Use a fork to pierce a hole in plastic wrap before microwaving on high for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Carefully remove dish from microwave, discard plastic wrap, and stir in apricot preserves, salt, and nutmeg.
- Microwave uncovered on high for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch until completely dissolved. Microwave for 3-4 minutes more, until carrots are tender and sauce is thickened. Use a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid as you serve.