I'm not going to suggest that you serve this the traditional way...on fire...instead, the alcohol in the rum simply bakes out! - Tara
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into 3/4-inch thick discs
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Vanilla wafers, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bananas in a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Add butter, brown sugar, rum, vanilla extract and cinnamon to a sauce pot over medium-high heat until simmering. Pour mixture over bananas.
- Bake for 8 minutes, just long enough to soften bananas. Serve at the table, smothering over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and garnishing with a vanilla wafer.