Barn Yard Baked Beans
This sweet & savory twist on a classic summer side dish is sure to be the star of your next picnic! - Tara
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2/3 cup white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy, 10-12 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble into small pieces. Place in your 2.5-quart temp-tations® figural baker. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- In the reserved bacon drippings, sauté the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic to figural baker along with baked beans, pineapple, BBQ sauce, molasses and mustard. Mix well.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
Tell us what you think!