California Shrimp Cocktail
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp, peeled with tails
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 large avocados
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons reserved citrus marinade
- 5 ounces whipping cream, unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mango salsa
- In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, shallots, Dijon mustard, orange zest, salt, crushed red pepper and chopped basil.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Pour the remaining marinade into a large Zip-loc® bag along with the shrimp. Seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 4 - 8 hours.
- Drain shrimp and set aside.
- For the guacamole salsa, peel avocados and remove the pits. Place in a blender with green onion, garlic, salt, olive oil, the reserved marinade and cream. Puree until smooth.
- Stir in mango salsa. Spoon mixture into top bowl of temp-tations® 3-Piece Lidded Chill & Serve Set and garnish with sectioned oranges.
- Fill larger bowl of Chill & Serve Set with ice, set smaller bowl inside. Arrange chilled shrimp around edge of larger bowl. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tell us what you think!