Kid-friendly and a real crowd-pleaser, Cheeseburger Turnovers are a brilliant way to serve up your family’s favorite flavors – all in one savory little package. Great for movie night! - Tara
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 12 pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Pour off any excess liquid.
- Add ketchup and salt to the skillet, and stir to combine. Add the cheese and combine well.
- Roll out each biscuit to a 5 1/2-inch circle. Place a scant 1/4 cup of meat mixture at the bottom half of each circle of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border at the bottom. Top meat mixture with a pickle chip. Fold the top of the dough circle over the filling and pinch to seal. Using the tines of a fork, press down on the seam, all the way around, to seal. Transfer turnovers to a temp-tations® pizza stone. Sprinkle with a pinch of additional cheese if desired.
- Place pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Let rest 3 minutes and serve warm.