Cheesy Winter Squash Quiche
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups squash (acorn or butternut), mashed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10-inch) pie crust
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in squash, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a small bowl. Pour over squash mixture. Mix well.
- To assemble quiche, please pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate. Crimp the edges and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese around the bottom. Top with squash mixture. Spread evenly.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling.