Cherry Kiss Cookies
Chocolate-covered cherry lovers, get ready for the cookie version of your favorite candy! This recipe comes from my Taste of Home temp-tations® Holiday Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 54 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt until blended. Beat in cherry juice, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased temp-tations® 13x9 inch Lid-Its®.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!