Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
When you're in the mood for a chicken pot pie, this dish really hits the spot without all of the labor of a scratch-made chicken pot pie. With canned biscuits in place of a pie crust, it may actually taste better, too! Who can resist fresh, hot, buttery biscuits? Leftover turkey is easily substituted for the chicken, if that's what you have on hand, for a biscuit-topped take on a turkey pot pie.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots medley
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can ready-to-bake biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter, onion and celery in a large skillet over medium high heat, sautéing until onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning, black pepper and frozen vegetables to the skillet, and stir all to combine.
- Combine chicken and flour in a large food storage container or bag and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Once mixture in the skillet is simmering, add in coated chicken, stir and let simmer 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Pour skillet mixture into a 2-quart temp-tations® baking dish and cover all with a single layer of uncooked biscuits. Bake all for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly.