Chocolate Cheesecake with Swirled Raspberry
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18-in. square). Securely wrap foil around the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1 tablespoon; stir into raspberry puree. Remove half the remaining mixture to another bowl; stir in cooled chocolate.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold half the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Pour over crust.
- Fold remaining egg whites into plain cream cheese mixture; spread over chocolate layer. Drop raspberry mixture by tablespoonfuls over top; cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 55 - 65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Place cheesecake on a temp-tations cake plate. Garnish with additional raspberries if desired.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!