Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Cups
This recipe just may be the single easiest and most impressive of all of my recipes! With only three simple ingredients, you can bake up a delicious and perfectly portioned dessert brimming with hot gooey chocolate and cherries, and topped with a crispy sugar cookie topping. - Tara
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 6 rounded tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 (16-oz.) package ready-to-bake sugar cookie dough (the kind in the rectangular package, not the tube)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange 6 individual temp-tations® 4-oz. muffin cups in front of you.
- Place 2 rounded tablespoons of the cherry pie filling in each muffin cup.
- Add 1 rounded tablespoon of chocolate chips over cherry pie filling in each cup.
- Place 1 square of cookie dough in the center of each cup. Wrap and refrigerate remaining cookie dough and cherry pie filling to make a second batch of cups, or simply bake the remaining cookies when you desire.
- Bake all 6 cups directly on the center oven rack for 25-28 minutes, or until filling is bubbling up and the cookie topping is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving, as these will be very hot.