Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies
This is a favorite holiday cookie recipe from my Taste of Home temp-tations® Holiday Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 36 pieces; shape each into a 2 1⁄2-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased temp-tations® 13x9 inch Lid-Its®. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip ends of cookies into coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.