Cranberry Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Finely chop 1/4 cup cranberries. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chopped cranberries; mix until blended. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10 -12 times, forming a soft dough. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each each portion into a 3/4 inch thick rope, cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches 30 - 60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat 5 minutes. Add sage; cook 3 - 5 minutes longer or until butter is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the walnuts, white pepper, remaining cranberries and salt. Add gnocchi; stir gently to coat. Transfer to a temp-tations® 1 quart serving bowl.
This recipe is from my Taste of Home: temp-tations Holiday Cookbook!