- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- eggs and oil for cake mix
- 24 paper cupcake liners
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- red and green fondant
- 24 toothpicks
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- 24 martini glasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Line your temp-tations® muffin-pan with cupcake liners. If using one pan you will need to bake these in four batches.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set cupcakes aside to cool.
- To make the olives sprinkle a flat work surface with powdered sugar. Roll out the green fondant into 12" x 1" inch strip about 1/4 inch thick. Roll the red fondant into a 12 inch snake, about 1/8 inch thick. Put a few drops of water on the green fondant and spread it all over the surface with your finger. Lay the red fondant "snake" into the center of the green fondant. Roll up the green fondant from the long side, creating a 12 inch tube, green on the outside, red on the inside. Cut into 24 pieces to form olives.
- Put one olive onto each toothpick and set aside.
- Frost each cupcake and place in a martini glass. Insert one toothpick at an angle into each cupcake to resemble a martini.
Tell us what you think!