Easy Beef Enchiladas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Cheddar jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 can (2 ounces) sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add ground beef, onion and pepper to a skillet over medium high heat, cooking until meat is well browned.
- Stir in cilantro and 1/3 of the enchilada sauce. Spread 1/3 more of the enchilada sauce across the bottom of a 3-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Assemble enchiladas into baking dish by spreading a large spoonful of the ground beef mixture into a corn tortilla, followed by a large pinch of cheddar jack cheese. Roll tortilla and place in dish, seam side down. Repeat with all tortillas. Top all enchiladas with remaining cheese and sprinkle with diced tomato and black olives. Bake for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.