This is a favorite holiday cookie recipe from my Taste of Home temp-tations® Holiday Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 1/4 cups potato starch
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the potato starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased temp-tations® 13x9 inch Lid-Its®. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. Reroll in confectioners’ sugar.
- NOTE: Read all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Tell us what you think!