Grandma’s Deep Dish Peach Cake
- 5 fresh peaches
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel peaches and slice into 1/4 inch slices. To peel peaches quickly bring a large pot of water to a full boil, add peaches and boil for 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon into strainer and run cold water over them. Remove skin with paring knife.
- Toss sliced peaches with cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar and place in cake pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter, 1 cup of sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend in egg and vanilla until light & fluffy.
- Place flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir with a fork and set aside.
- On low speed blend in 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by half of the milk. Continue alternating the flour mixture and milk until everything is used.
- Spread batter on top of peaches and bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.