Green Beans with Cherries and Candied Pecans
This is my favorite way to prepare green beans, with tangy dried cherries and crunchy, candied pecans. The whole dish is made in only minutes, as you candy the pecans on the stove while the green beans are heating in the microwave. I'm warning you now...you may want to make a double or triple batch of the pecans for dessert! - Tara
- 1 large (24-oz.) bag frozen whole green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 rounded teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place 1/4 cup of water into a 2-quart temp-tations® baking dish.
- Add green beans, butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the water in the baking dish. Stir all, cover with plastic wrap, and use a fork to pierce a hole in the center of wrap. Microwave on high 7 minutes.
- Make the candied pecans by combining butter, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir constantly just until brown sugar has melted and pecans are evenly coated, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove green bean dish from microwave, peel back plastic wrap, and then stir in dried cherries. Re-cover and microwave an additional 2 minutes, or until green beans are heated throughout.
- Stir in candied pecans just before serving.