Honey Cream Scones with Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over your temp-tations® Lid- It®. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of flour. Set aside.
- Place 2 cups of flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to bowl. Using a pastry blender or two forks cut in the butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- In a separate bowl whisk together 5 tablespoons of the cream, honey and eggs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour liquid into it.
- Lightly stir with a fork until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Place dough in the center of your prepared Lid- It®. Sprinkle a little extra flour on top. Press down dough into a 7-inch diameter circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Separate the wedges and brush the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving with cinnamon honey butter.
- For the cinnamon honey butter, place all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer or spatula. Refrigerate until ready to use.