Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 6 Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your temp-tations® Texas muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pineapple juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1 heaping tablespoon into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Top with one pineapple ring. Place a cherry in the center of each ring.
- Pour cake batter over each pineapple ring, filling the cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until centers are set. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around each one to help loosen.
- Lay a wire cooling rack over the top of the pan and flip it over. Set rack on a cookie sheet, allowing excess sauce to drip off. Serve warm or cold.
Tell us what you think!