Pineapple Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 pound low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoon old style grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 125 - 150 perfect pecan halves
- crackers or fresh vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast the pecan halves for 5 - 7 minutes until they are lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cut the green top off the pineapple, slice in half from top to bottom and reserve for later. Cut the skin off the pineapple. Cut the pineapple in half from top to bottom. Cut out core. Finely dice the pineapple. Place into a strainer, removing as much juice as possible by pressing the pineapple into the strainer with your hand.
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese until smooth, about 2 -3 minutes. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Add the pineapple and the rest of the ingredients into the cheese mix and blend on low just to incorporate. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- With you temp-tations® Lid-It® in front of you with the short end facing you, turn the mixture onto the bottom 2/3 of the Lid-It®, making a barrel shape. Place the pineapple green at the the top of the barrel. Cover with plastic wrap and shape the cheese mixture into a pineapple shape. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and start layering the pecan halves in rows, starting at the bottom, shingling each row until you get to the top.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.