Smokey Low-Fat Chicken Enchiladas
A love of yummy Mexican food doesn’t have to derail a resolution to eat lighter and healthier. And these delicious Smokey Low-Fat Chicken Enchiladas are proof. Use corn tortillas, and they're gluten-free!
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bottled chipotle sauce
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded white meat chicken
- 8 small yellow corn tortillas, or 8 small whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup mild salsa
- ½ cup low fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large temp-tations® mixing bowl, stir together corn, chipotle sauce, cream cheese and 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce. Once well-combined, fold in the shredded chicken and set aside.
- Pour 2/3 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 2.5-quart temp-tations® baker. Place a heaping ¼ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of one tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in the enchilada sauce, and repeat making a nice tight row down the center of the dish.
- Top all with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.