- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- Egg, oil & water for cake mix
- 8 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your temp-tations® 6-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. If using one pan you will need to bake these in 3 batches.
- In a small bowl mix together all crust ingredients with a fork. Place one heaping tablespoon in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press down with your fingers or the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place all cake ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour enough batter over each cooled graham cracker crust to fill cupcake liner two-thirds full.
- Bake according to box instructions. Cool completely before adding the topping.
- For the topping, combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in the top of a double boiler. Whisk constantly until mixture reaches 160 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment whisk on low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium-high. As soon as stiff glossy peaks form turn off mixer and add in vanilla. Mix once more until vanilla is fully incorporated.
- Spread meringue on top of each cooled cupcake with butter knife or pastry bag. Lightly brown the top with a kitchen torch and decorate with a wedge of chocolate.
Tell us what you think!