- 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings or butter
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place bacon drippings or butter in your temp-tations 8x8 baker and place in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cornmeal, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in egg, buttermilk and melted butter. Stir just until combined.
- Carefully spread the batter into the hot baker.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.