Stuffed French Toast with Bananas and Nutella®
This recipe is utterly decadent and super easy – the perfect combination for a weekend brunch or a lazy breakfast in bed! - Tara
- Unsalted butter for dish
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
- 8 slices white or whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter a 4-quart temp-tations® dish and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Slice each in half crosswise and slice each piece in half lengthwise, for a total of sixteen 4-inch slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Nutella® hazelnut spread on each piece of bread. Top the bread with the banana slices and remaining bread.
- In a separate large shallow bowl or baking dish, beat the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar together until lightly frothy. Coat each sandwich with the egg mixture on both sides, allowing the bread to soak up the egg mixture, then transfer to the buttered temp-tations® dish.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting each piece in half. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve with maple syrup, if desired. Serves 4.