Trifecta Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
An all-time favorite, with an interesting cocoa layer that gives a twist to this bar. You can also substitute any salted nut if you prefer a more savory treat. I’ve never met anyone who didn’t love them. Even people who don’t like coconut seem to love these! You can freeze them, and they’re awesome to eat even while frozen. In fact, I prefer them that way! - Tara
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the center.
- Toast walnuts in a 4-quart temp-tations® dish until golden and aromatic for about 7 minutes.
- Remove walnuts and butter the dish.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter to the graham cracker mixture and mix until crumbs are moist. Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan and cut into 15 (2 1/2 x 3-inch) bars.