Wreath Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 (12 oz.) containers cream cheese icing
- green food coloring
- red ribbon
- artificial red berries on wire
- leaf tip
- icing bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Lightly spray your temp-tations® Fluted Tube Pan with non-stick spray. Pour in batter and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the top comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and then turn out onto serving tray. Place in refrigerator to completely cool.
- Place the icing into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment for 1 minute. Add in a few drops of food coloring and mix well. Continue adding food coloring until a nice holiday green color is achieved.
- When the cake is completely cool, spread a thin layer of the icing over the cake.
- Place the leaf tip in the icing bag and fill with green icing.
- Starting with the top of the cake - a little inside of the tube hole - make a 1-inch leaf horizontally, going to the right. Continue making the leaves vertically in a straight line until you reach the bottom of the cake.
- Rotate the cake a little counter-clockwise and repeat making the line of vertical leaves, overlapping the first row of leaves by a little bit. Repeat the process until the entire cake is covered.
- Make a bow with ribbon and place on top of the cake. Sprinkle red berries around the bow. Enjoy!