3 Bean Bacon Chili
3 Bean Bacon Chili is a delicious recipe for chilly autumn evenings and game-day get-togethers!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup canned dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 cup canned great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Peel and dice onion and add to hot pan along with beef. Coarsely chop raw bacon and add to skillet. Partially cover and cook until meat is browned and liquid is cooked off. Stir occasionally.
3. Add cooked mixture to your temp-tations® bean pot along with all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
4. Place the lid on your bean pot and put in the oven on the lower rack. Bake for 2 hours. Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.