Baked Potato Soup
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar
- 6 slices crisp bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pierce potatoes several time with a fork and bake in preheated oven for about an hour, or until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Scoop out potato, discarding skin and roughly chop. Set aside
- In a pot, melt your butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the flour making a roux. Continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until a nutty color and smell is achieved.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Continue cooking over medium heat until the soup starts to thicken.
- Add reserved potatoes, bacon & cheese. Stir well and continue to cook over low for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour soup into crocks and top with green onions & a dollop of sour cream.
Tell us what you think!