Balsamic Glazed Chicken
This boneless, skinless chicken breast dish is on par with something you'd be served in a nice restaurant, but it's incredibly easy to make. The sweet and tangy balsamic sauce goes perfectly with the Italian herb-rubbed chicken. Serve garnished with fresh herbs, or chop up 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs to replace the Italian seasoning for even better flavor! - Tara
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place chicken, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a 3-quart temp-tations® baking dish and toss all to evenly coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to infuse flavors.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start the sauce by sautéing olive oil and diced onion in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining Sauce ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a simmer, cooking for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over seasoned chicken breasts in baking dish and bake 30-35 minutes, or until cutting into a breast at the thickest part reveals no pink. Serve alongside your favorite vegetables and potatoes, or with pasta.