Bloomin’ Onion Bread
Bloomin’ Onion Bread is one of the most decadent appetizers I have ever eaten – and will absolutely be the hit of your next party! I mean, what could be better than the combination of artisan-style sourdough bread, melted cheese, butter and green onions? Nothing ;) - Tara
- 1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread with a firm crust
- 12 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread both lengthwise and widthwise, being careful not to cut through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky once you switch directions and start cutting the other way, but a firm-crusted bread will be forgiving.
- Insert cheese slices between cuts, and place bread in the middle of a large piece of aluminum foil, one that's big enough to enclose the bread from all sides.
- Combine melted butter, green onions and poppy seeds. Drizzle all over bread and into crevices.
- Wrap the bread in foil, folding over and sealing on top and sides; place on a temp-tations® Lid-It®. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.