Coconut Cream Pie
- 11 ounces shortbread cookies, ground fine (2 1/2 cups cookie crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cookie crumbs and butter in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of one temp-tations® 9" pie dish or four mini pie dishes. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Let crust cool completely.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium-sized saucepan; whisk in the coconut milk and milk, until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Transfer pudding mixture to a bowl, place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the mixture, and chill.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet or temp-tations® Lid-It® and toast in a 375 degree oven until lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Set coconut aside to cool.
- Place heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large temp-tations® bowl and beat until stiff peaks hold.
- To assemble the pie, add 1 cup toasted coconut to the pudding mixture and stir to combine. Pour the pudding mixture into the pie dish(es). Top with the whipped cream, and sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tell us what you think!