Green Olive and Artichoke Spread
Olives and artichokes grow all along the shores of the Mediterranean. This spread is a lot like a French tapenade, usually made with olives and other good things, like the artichokes used here. I make my version with cream cheese to give it a nice, spreadable consistency for serving alongside crackers or toasted bread rounds. - Tara
- 2 (8-ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups pimento-stuffed green olives or any other kind of pitted olives, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until creamy and soft, about 1 minute.
- Transfer cream cheese to a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish. (There's no need to clean out the food processor bowl before proceeding.)
- Place the remaining ingredients in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until very finely chopped but not puréed, about 1 minute.
- Combine the olive mixture with the cream cheese, mixing well. Serve chilled or at room temperature, garnished with lemon slices and a sprig of parsley, if desired.