Hot Cocoa Chocolate Spoons
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 24 plastic spoons
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a temp-tations® Lid-It® or a baking sheet and set aside. Place chocolate chips in a small temp-tations® bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue microwaving in 30-second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the spoons into the melted chocolate, lift and let some of the excess fall off. Place the chocolate-coated spoons on the prepared Lid-It® and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chocolate-coated spoons from the refrigerator. In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. Stir a regular spoon through the melted white chocolate, and then hold that spoon straight down over the chocolate-coated spoons, allowing the melted white chocolate to drip off the the tip of the spoon. Move the spoon quickly back and forth over the chocolate spoons to create a thin white stripe, or more slowly to create a thicker stripe. Chill spoons again until set.
- Wrap each spoon, or several spoons, in small clear bags and pair with a temp-tations® mug for a great holiday gift! Stir a spoon directly into hot milk, to make delicious hot chocolate :-)
Tell us what you think!