These lemon bars are like a chewy combination of two of my favorite desserts - lemon meringue pie and lemon pudding with vanilla wafers! - Tara
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cup crumbled vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quart temp-tations® baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients and then press into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and remove.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients and then pour over the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool and serve room temperature, or refrigerate and serve chilled, dusted with confectioners sugar.