Merry Christmas Morning Casserole
This recipe is a great time saver during the hustle and bustle of Christmas. You can prepare it on Christmas Eve and then just pop it into the oven on Christmas morning. Enjoy the rich aroma of it baking as your family sits around the Christmas tree opening presents. - Tara
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onions
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, garlic and onions in the olive oil for approximately 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In the meantime, place all remaining ingredients in a 2-quart temp-tations® baker. Add sausage mixture and whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until center is set.