Mom’s Cheesecake Brownies
This is my mother's easy and surefire way to turn ordinary brownie mix (or your own personal brownie recipe) into something even more spectacular than brownies are in the first place! - Tara
- 1 (8-ounce) package regular or reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 family-size package brownie mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven according to brownie mix directions. Add cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract to an electric mixer or blender and mix just until well combined. You may need to use a spatula to press the cheese down off the sides to fully incorporate.
- Spray a 2.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Make brownie mix according to package directions and pour into baking dish.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over top of brownie batter. Run a knife or spatula through all, swirling to create a zigzag pattern. Bake according to brownie package directions, adding about 15 minutes to account for the added cheesecake top. Use a toothpick periodically to check for doneness. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.