Orange and Cream Gelatin Parfait
This parfait is a really light and refreshing dessert that you can easily prepare in advance to lighten your load come dinnertime. Cut into squares and serve from the temp-tations® baking dish into clear beverage or wine glasses for the best presentation! - Tara
- 2 boxes (3 ounces each) orange-flavored gelatin, may use sugar-free
- 1 can (8-10 ounces) Mandarin oranges
- 2/3 tub (8 ounces) non-dairy whipped topping, regular or light, thawed
- Fresh orange zest, optional
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water in a 1.5-quart temp-tations® baking dish and microwave for 2 minutes, until boiling hot.
- Add 1 box of the orange gelatin to the boiling water and stir for 2 minutes, until completely dissolved.
- Drain the juice from the can of Mandarin oranges into the hot gelatin mixture, stirring to combine, and then drop the Mandarin oranges into the gelatin evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until almost completely set.
- Prepare the second box of gelatin in a large temp-tations® mixing bowl by stirring it into 3/4 cup of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of ice cold water and stir. Place in freezer for 15 minutes, just until very cool, but not set.
- Place the non-dairy whipped topping into a blender and cover with the cooled gelatin from the mixing bowl. Pulse blender 4-5 times, just until smooth.
- Pour this second, creamy mixture, over the refrigerated Mandarin orange gelatin and refrigerate all for 2 hours, or until well set. Serve sprinkled with fresh orange zest, if desired.