- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 10 oz packages frozen vegetable medley, thawed
- 1 pound white potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat a skillet over medium heat then add in ground beef, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Break up meat and stir until browned then drain.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire Sauce, beef broth and thawed vegetables then bring to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- While meat is cooking, place potatoes and a pinch of salt in large pot of cold water, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove cover and let boil for 12-14 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mix in 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk and salt and mash together
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare four mini casseroles. Divided the meat mixture, then spread mashed potatoes evenly on top. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese and mashed potatoes are slightly browned. Garnish with sour cream and green onions as an option
Tell us what you think!