Spooky Bruschetta is a fabulous appetizer to serve at a Halloween party. Full of flavor, a healthy crunch, and topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, these little cuties are fun to look at and scary good to eat!
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- A few pitted black olives or red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the baguette into 24 1/2-inch thick slices, and place in a single layer on temp-tations® Lid-Its® or baking sheets. Put 1 tablespoon oil in a small temp-tations® dipping dish, and use a pastry brush to paint oil on each slice. Sprinkle slices with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the core and seeds. Dice and place in a large temp-tations® bowl. Add the garlic, basil, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining salt; let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Slice the cheese into ½-inch thick slices. Using small 1-inch Halloween-shaped cookie cutters, cut slices into various Halloween shapes.
- When ready to serve, place the toasted bread slices on a temp-tations® Lid-It® or platter. Top each with a tablespoon of the tomato mixture and a cheese cutout.