Watermelon, Feta & Basil Salad
- 1 whole mini watermelon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese cubes
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick slabs and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Place cut side down on the pre-heated grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until marked and warm.
- Remove from grill and cut off the rind. Discard rind. Cut grilled watermelon into 1-inch cubes and place in your temp-tations® 1.5 quart bowl.
- Slice basil into very thin strips and add to bowl along with salt, pepper and feta cheese cubes. Gently toss to combine.
- Squeeze lime juice all over the top.
- For the dressing, place the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 6 - 8 minutes or until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Drizzle on top of salad. Serve immediately.
Tell us what you think!