Zesty Strawberry Citrus Shortcake
A quick and easy way to serve up a classic summer dessert, with a twist. Surprise all of your guests with the flavorful addition of a citrus glaze. Enjoy! - Tara
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 cups (3 lbs.) fresh strawberries
- 2 (8-ounce) tubs frozen whipping topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a temp-tations® mixing bowl, stir together all of the biscuit ingredients until a dough forms. Place 6 equal scoops of dough on a temp-tations Lid-It™ and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Slice strawberries. Place in a 2.5-quart temp-tations® mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; then, reduce heat to low and stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir into strawberries.
- To assemble the shortcake, slice the biscuits in half. Place six halves in the bottom of a 3-quart temp-tations® baker. Spoon 1/2 of the strawberry mixture over the biscuits. Top with 1 tub of whipped topping. Lay the remaining six biscuit halves on top of the whipped topping. Top with the rest of the strawberry mixture. Finish by spreading the second tub of whipped topping over the strawberries. Or, instead of spreading out the whipped topping, put large spoonfuls of it around the top and lay a whole strawberry in the center of each for decoration.
- Serve immediately.